10 November 2007

Straight Edge

"Straight edge" means you do not drink, do not smoke, and do not take drugs for recreational use. It mainly applies to the hardcore punk musicians such as Ian Watkins from Lostprophets, but seeing that punk music ROCKS, I think I might count.

Some straight edge people also don't take caffeine, and some are vegetarians.

As for me, let's see... I have never drank alcohol... I have never smoked and would rather die than do that shit... and I haven't taken any paracetamol for about 3 months... and I don't drink coffee or tea. And of course, taking illegal drugs is just killing yourself anyway.

But one thing I do like is my meat foods. Chicken, salmon, pork... mmmmm.... plenty of protein in them!

What I suppose I'm trying to get at is that I don't need these things. If you've read my blog (on MSN Spaces) about alcohol, you'll know that alcohol is a drug, and therefore is an effective painkiller (something that gets rid of your pain... your troubles etc.). People smoke for the feeling they get from it (nicotine is a drug). People take drugs for the feeling. People drink coffee to get stimulated (caffeine is a drug). You get the picture?

I'm saying, I don't need drugs of any sort. I have total control over my body and my mind, and I want it to stay that way. I can deal with pain by creating more pain from working out and exercising. I can clear bad thoughts by giving into... ahem... certain... um... good, pleasurable thoughts. Hehe. I have endless, endless enthusiasm and tolerance for almost everything, only except for alcohol, tobacco etc.

I guess from the way I am saying all this, I probably sound like I am very big-headed :O and yes, I guess I am. I depend only upon myself for inner strength, instead of relying on drugs to help me.

The interesting thing is, though, your mind is so precious. (My precious!!!) Nobody can interfere with your mind - nobody can get in your mind and play about with it, because it is yours. You have to become the master of your own mind.

"Your mind is a palace. Use it wisely." -- Angela's Ashes

"Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it's the greatest instrument you'll ever own." - Baz Lurhman's Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen (http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/sunscreen.html)

This is a sort of a crappy ending to a blog, so here's a joke for you.
Did you hear the one about the egg?
It's not all it's cracked up to be. LOL.

How straight edge are you?

You are 100% straight edge
Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code


Luca Macis

fantastic joke, Im just laughing so much rite now (note the sarcasm. lol)

2 Kudos for the effort tho! lol
Posted by Luca Macis on [10 Nov 2007 | Saturday] - 6:38 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]