4 May 2006

IE7

The Internet Explorer Beta 2 is out for download!
Visit the homepage and download it now! http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
There are loads of differences with it, except from what I have tried out myself
  • It loads pages as fast as Firefox does
  • It has more security for anti-phishing
  • The tabbed browsing works quite well
  • The Zoom function (a la Opera) works good as well
  • The rearranged toolbars are ruddy annoying!!!
  • I haven't used the Search Toolbar yet
  • A free RSS reader!
  • The HTML engine works pretty much the same as was in Internet Explorer 6 (when I checked it was still working on my website). The only differences I have found are that hidden [a] anchors with a hover colour CSS do actually change the hover colour now. This includes [a name="#"]; and the underline:dotted attribute is now more dotted than dashed.
  • Internet Explorer 7 is protected against some new recent threats that only affect IE6 like "CreateTextRange()"